If your TV picture is snowy, pixilated, freezing or the screen is blank – please try these steps first:
- Double check all connections. They should be “hand-tight”.
- If you are using a set-top box, the cable from the wall should be connected to the “IN” jack on the box.
If you are not using a cable box, the cable coming from the wall should be connected to the “IN” jack on the DVD, VCR, or directly to the TV.
- Check the TV. The power should be ON. The right channel (usually channel 3) should be selected. If you are an HD subscriber, make sure the correct input is selected.
- Check the Cable Box. The box should be ON. The box may need to be rebooted. Here’s how to do it:
– Turn the TV off.
– Unplug the cable box power cord from the wall.
– Wait 10 to 15 seconds.
– Plug the cable box power cord back in to the power supply.
– Wait for the box to display the time.
– Turn the cable box ON.
– Turn the TV ON.
– Wait for several minutes to give the box time to re-cycle.